As a startup and small business lawyer, my job is to serve as your legal GPS as you drive your company toward its milestones. Whether your plan is to take an early exit or to keep your foot on the accelerator, my unique approach to the practice of law gears your company for success. Here are five critical duties I will perform as a team member of your company.
5. Liability Mitigation. Mitigating liability may start with choosing the correct legal structure for your business, but that’s not where it ends. Your lawyer should be actively involved in your company in order to shield you and your business from unnecessary liability. Without such protection, you could be risking way more than what you bargained for.
4. Legal Guidance. Every business has legal needs, but not every business has a legal team member. As your legal advisor, I can help you optimize your legal department by identifying and prioritizing legal needs.
3. Proactive Problem Solving. The traditional legal model is reactive, meaning that lawyers only get involved when a serious problem arises. My approach to the practice of law is proactive; by actively being involved in your business, I will help you spot and resolve issues before they become big issues, which saves you money and keeps your company on track for growth.
2. Attracting Potential Investors. Buyers and investors like predictability. When they see a well-structured business with the proper legal entity and organized corporate books, an optimized legal department with mitigated liability, and a great team, they see predictable results. They will be much more interested in investing in your company.
1. Priming Success. Surround yourself with successful people and you will be successful, too. You may not know the ins and outs of the legal industry, but I do. With my guidance as a team member, you are priming your company for success.